Last updated April 19, 2017
- Types of Information We Collect
We collect both “Personal Information” and “Anonymous Information” about our users. For the purposes of certain data protection laws in jurisdictions outside the U.S., such as the E.U., Krayden is the data controller of Personal Information collected through our Website and the Service.
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, such as your name, email address, phone number and payment method, as well as information that is linked to such information. “Anonymous Information” is information that cannot be used to identify you and is not linked to information that can be used to do so. It includes passively collected information about your activities on the Service, such as usage data, to the extent that information is not linked to your Personal Information.
Website visitors can access and browse certain portions of the Website without disclosing Personal Information, although, like most website providers, we may passively collect certain information from your devices, such as your IP address and browser information. Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this will limit the features of the Service you can access and use. All users who register with Krayden are considered “Registered Customers.”
a. Voluntarily submitted information
We collect information that you provide to us during your use of the Website and/or Service, such as:
- Personal Information that you enter when registering for the Service or ordering products, including your full name, email address, phone number, payment method and billing information.
- Your communications with us through the Service.
- Information you provide in your online account (“Account”) or to customer support.
b. Information collected via technology
- We may collect information from your use of the Website and Service, including your hardware model, browser type, operating system and Internet Protocol (“IP”). If you are using a mobile device, Krayden may also receive your unique device identifier, or another unique identifier, and mobile operating system. We may correlate this information with other Personal Information we have about you.
- We may use third party services, such as Google Analytics, to track and analyze data from users of the Service.
- If you access our Service via a social media website (e.g., Facebook), your Personal Information may be provided to us by such social media site.
Such Personal Information is required in order for us to provide our Services and Website, without which we would not be able to undertake certain tasks, such as processing and filling orders.
- How We Use Your Information
a. Personal Information
We use your Personal Information only for legitimate purposes necessary to operate our Website and provide our Services, such as to:
- Register and administer your Account
- Complete your purchase transactions
- Offer customer support
- Send communications and administrative emails
- Personalize and tailor the features, performance and support of the Website and Service
- Send you promotional/marketing information, newsletters, offers or other information from us or on behalf of our sponsors or partners, with your consent
- Provide you with opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest
- Improve the quality of the Website and Service and perform internal operations, including monitoring for fraud
- Analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and interactions with the Service
b. Anonymous Information
We may use Anonymous Information for the following representative purposes:
- Improve the Website and Service and customize the user experience, such as by providing targeted useful features and promotions based on the type of products you seek
- Aggregate the information collected via Cookies and similar technologies to use in statistical analysis to help us track trends, evaluate the effectiveness of our ads and analyze patterns
- How We Share and Disclose Information
In addition to using the information collected by us for the purposes described in Section 2 above, we may also share your information as described below. Please review our sharing policy closely, especially with respect to your Personal Information. By becoming a Registered Customer, you agree to allow us to share the Personal Information you provide to us in the ways described below. Your ability to make changes to the information shared is also described below.
a. Service Providers
b. Compliance with Laws, Law Enforcement and Safety
We may disclose information we have collected about you if required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order) or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), or that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect or defend Krayden’s, or a third party’s, rights or property, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
c. Anonymous Information
Aggregated Anonymous Information is the combination of your Anonymous Information with the Anonymous Information of other users (“Aggregated Anonymous Information”). Aggregated Anonymous Information does not allow you to be identified or contacted. We may share such Aggregated Anonymous Information with third parties, and, depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for such information, or limit the third parties’ use of the same.
d. Business transactions
- International Transfers of Personal Information
Your Personal Information will be maintained and processed by Krayden or its third party service providers, in the U.S. Your Personal Information may also be transferred to our suppliers and representatives in other jurisdictions. Those jurisdictions may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. By providing your Personal Information to the Website or our Service, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to the U.S.
- Your Choices
- Individual Rights
You may access, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information in our custody or control at any time, subject to limited exceptions set forth below. You may revise or delete your Personal Information by adjusting your Account settings or by contacting us directly at email@example.com. However, please note that we may be required to maintain certain Personal Information, or to maintain certain Personal Information for a period of time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from our active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud detection or similar purposes. Note that if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot compel the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures. Subject to applicable data protection law and the limitations herein, you can also object to the processing and request that we erase or restrict our processing of your Personal Information. Subject to applicable law, you may also have the right to data portability. Where you have given us consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with the local supervisory authority in those jurisdictions with applicable privacy legislation.
This Website is not directed or intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit, collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 16, and no part of our Website is targeted to attract anyone under 16. We also do not send e-mail correspondence to anyone who advises that they are under the age of 16. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 16 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our systems and delete the Account. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may delete and remove such information from our system.
- Security and Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, to meet a valid business need and to comply with applicable laws. Your consent to such purpose remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
- Third Party Materials
- California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (i) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to that individual, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, California residents can email us at email@example.com.
- Transfer of Personal Information
13. Contact Us