The one-step molding process which uses the Macromelt Low Pressure Materials provides the following benefits:The Macromelt® Low Pressure Molding Materials are thermoplastic polyamides which are used for total water-tight sealing of highly sensitive electrical and electronic components through molding process. Some commonly used Macromelt materials are OM 633 / OM 638 Low Temperature polyamides which are best for automotive firewall, OM 652 / OM 657 Cold Temperature polyamides which are excellent for automotive exterior, and OM 673 / OM 678 Higher Temperature polyamides which are suitable for automotive under-hood. For product’s technical description please refer to its MSDS. Henkel and Cavist Corporation have collaborated and developed an innovative manufacturing process to encapsulate delicate electronic components. This process uses a one-step molding at extremely low pressure and utilizing Macromelt Low Pressure Molding materials.
- Short Cycle Time – the process molds in seconds as it eliminates the usual requirement in the conventional product.
- Ease of Processing – the whole molding process is simplified with the removal of mixing two components.
- Part and Process Simplification – this process molds your PCBs and other electronic components in one-step molding at extremely low pressure.
- Environmentally Friendly – it eliminates the disposal of hazardous chemicals by recycling its waste.
The steps involved in molding the Macromelt Low Pressure Materials are easy and simple. The thermal plastic is poured and heated in the heating chamber of the molding machine. By pressing a button Macromelt material melts and flows into a mold, and encapsulating the PCB material. In a few seconds the electronic components can be detached from the runner by a simple snap, and return it to the heating chamber for reuse.
The Macromelt Low Pressure Materials have shown better protection as compared with the leading competing brand. A water torture test was conducted on memory chips; one, using competitor’s material, and the other using Macromelt material. Each memory chip was immersed in water and then dried by wiping and blowing with air.
The memory chip encapsulated by the competitor’s material was inserted in the computer and showed a failed result. While the memory chip encapsulated by Macromelt material functioned exactly as it did before. This only shows that Macromelt material protects sensitive electronic materials from humidity and moisture, guards against mechanical damage, and seals from dust and dirt. For further details please contact the company’s local distributor.
Henkel offers various types of Macromelt Low Pressure Materials, and our most commonly used Macromelt products are as follows:
- OM 633 / OM 638 – are moldable polyamide materials with service temperature of 125°C which are used in automotive firewall
- OM 652 / OM 657 – these materials are utilized in places where excellent adhesion and cold temperature are vital such as automotive exterior and appliances.
- OM 673 / OM 678 – are moldable polyamide materials used in work with good adhesion and high temperature application such as in automotive under-hood.
- OM 682 / OM 687 – are suited for high humidity application such as on the inside of automobile tires.
- MM 6208 / MM 6208S – are moldable polyamide materials with excellent adhesion for tough surfaces, and are great strain relief for cable and wires. They are best for encapsulation of heat distribution components in appliances and consumer electronics.
- OM 341- is designed specifically for the automotive industry. It guarantees that its color remains vibrant and never fades even exposed to sunlight.
For technical assistance on the proper selection of the above products contact us or submit your question through Ask an Expert.
Buy Macromelt materials online.